Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3640 Help with NM-4T1-IMA

I am configuring a lab. I have 3 L3 Devices. One of which is a 3640 with a NM-4T1-IMA that I am trying to connect to a 1760 with a WIC 1DSU T1. First of all is this even possilbe? Second where would I start. I have experiance with T1's and I have the 1760 configured with:

!

interface Serial0/0

ip address 10.5.100.65 255.255.255.192

encapsulation ppp

fair-queue

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

I would like the 3640 configured as the DCE side of the link. Overall I just need basic T1 connectivity for test prep and labing out routing ideas.

My issue so far is that the NM-4T1-IMA does not appear to be designed to function as a single T1 card. I cant access controller or service module commands to try to force it to do what I want. Any ideas?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: 3640 Help with NM-4T1-IMA

Unfortunately you cant connect the WIC-1DSU-T1 to an NM-4T1-IMA because the NM-IMA is an ATM card.

While you can change the layer-2 encapsulation on the WIC-1DSU-T1 between HDLC, PPP, FR, the IMA card will only do ATM, so they'll never talk.

It will talk to another WIC-1DSU-T1, or a VWIC-xMFT-T1, or NM-1FE2CT1 card.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 3640 Help with NM-4T1-IMA

Unfortunately you cant connect the WIC-1DSU-T1 to an NM-4T1-IMA because the NM-IMA is an ATM card.

While you can change the layer-2 encapsulation on the WIC-1DSU-T1 between HDLC, PPP, FR, the IMA card will only do ATM, so they'll never talk.

It will talk to another WIC-1DSU-T1, or a VWIC-xMFT-T1, or NM-1FE2CT1 card.

Views
Helpful
Replies