cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3660 IP Route assistance

drcampbell00
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, I am really new at this because of a recent departure of our Cisco guru. Here is what I am attempting to do. We just moved someone from one building to another and switched them from our ADSL network to a T1. I am trying to configure the Serial Interface on our 3660 to support that connection. I have another Serial port setup previously with a similar connection. I have made the serial port I am attempting to configure the same as the other one except for the IP information. Now, Here's the question. By looking at the "Show IP Route" command results, I see that the original Serial interface says "IP is directly connected, Serial4/0. How can I do the same thing with the new connection that is going to be connected to Serial4/2? What is the command to make this happen? Please help me Obiwan, you are my only hope.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

There is not a special command for that. After you assign an IP address to an interface on your router and when that interface goes into the protocol up state (when you show interface the line is up and the line protocol is up) then the IOS automatically adds that subnet to the routing table as directly connected.

So when you get the new serial connection actually working then it will be added to the routing table..

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card