pri-group timeslots 1-24

controller T1 5/1

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

dial-peer voice 22 pots

destination-pattern 1715

port 5/1:0

Client PABX is ready to recieve 4 digits extension but i cant get it to work.

Logs on my gateway:

Telephony call-legs: 1

SIP call-legs: 0

H323 call-legs: 1

Total call-legs: 2

381E : 16681440hs.1 +-1 pid:1 Answer 2228 connected

dur 00:00:00 tx:11/1760 rx:0/0

IP 10.21.0.254:21422 rtt:0ms pl:0/0ms lost:0/0/0 delay:0/0/0ms g711ulaw

381E : 16681440hs.2 +-1 pid:23 Originate 1715 connecting

dur 00:00:00 tx:0/0 rx:23/3680

Tele 5/0:2 (1631): tx:470/47/0ms g711ulaw noise:0 acom:0 i/0:-76/-79 dBm

10 Replies 10

racacjjc08
Level 1
Level 1

Diagram:

IPT----VG3662(E&M)----T1CAS(TELCO)----PABX(E&M)

By T1CAS(TELCO) do you mean there is a T1 circuit provided by telco?

Have you checked that E&M is on both router and PBX? If your PBX could support PRI, that would things easier.

What is the state of the line ("show controller")?

Please enable debug "debug vpm signal".

By T1CAS(TELCO) do you mean there is a T1 circuit provided by telco?

Yes, P2P T1 provided by telco

Have you checked that E&M is on both router and PBX? If your PBX could support PRI, that would things easier.

Yes Both is configured as E&M wink start dnis dtmf, I do agree that it would be easier to troubleshoot if we use PRI but the client preferred to use CAS.

What is the state of the line ("show controller")?

T1 is UP( i'l post the state later)

Please enable debug "debug vpm signal".

How would i know the problem?

When i try to dial the 4 digits extension from IP Phone, i got 8 secs delay then fast busy.

We also tried to pull the T1 and connect to sunset t10 tester, dial the 4 digits extension and it is completing and we got our call answered.

based on the setup is it going to work?

VG3662--T1CAS--PABX ???or we need to have a VG3662--T1CAS--VG---PABX ???

Thanks!

Hi,

When you enable "term mon" and "debug vpm signal" you will see what the router is doing with the voice signaling, dtmf etc.

There is no need that you place another voice gateway on the other side of the T1, but it would be useful if you could place there circuit analyzer there for diagnostic purposes.

Thanks!

Any link or documentation you can recommend?

I have tried all the config from E&M to FXS but i still cant make it work. PABX on the other side should recieve a call if i dial 4 digits extension but all i got is busy tone. Where would be the issue?

Thanks for the help!

There are many documents on CCO, but since you don't know what the problem could be, this is the generic index:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/tsd_technology_support_troubleshooting_technotes_list.html

Are you positively sure that the PBX is configured for E&M? Do you have someone on the PBX side that can help checking on things ?

One thing you can try is to call from PBX to router, see which signaling bits are activated, that could help figuring out things.

Thanks!

I will apply your recommendation tomorrow. We will be having another test of the circuit. I'll keep you posted of the progress.

RA

Good luck.

In case of trouble perhaps you can push the PRI configuration to the customer that would allow having this to work in 5 minutes.

Another convincing argument at times is that with PRI they can see who is calling (ANI), as with standard E&M it is not possible.

Hi,

e&m-delay-dial was used and the call was successfully routed to pabx using 4 digits extension.

Thanks for the responses and help!

Ra

All is good what ends good!

If posts are useful, please rate!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card