Views
Helpful
Replies

3725 Flash upgrade

joyce.vong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an existing 3725 router with default 32M Flash. I want to upgrade it to 64M. Should I order an internal memory MEM3725-64CF= or should I order the external MEM3725-64CF-EXT memory to perform the upgrade? Which is better?

If I install the 64M external. Does that mean the internal existing 32M will be not in use then? So I will put the new IOS on the external card and the router will ignore the old 32M internal memory and the old IOS in it?

thanks,

Joyce

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I have read this URL before. It just stated there are internal and external types. I just wasn't sure which is better to perform the upgrade to. And I also wonder if I put the memory in the external 64M for example, then does that mean the default internal 32M won't be used, correct? So I won't be having 96M total flash to put an 3 IOS in it where I can have router to boot any one of the 3 IOS in order? (assuming each IOS is 32M as the example)

If you decide to go with the external, you will have 2 separate file systems and you can choose to boot from either one with the boot system flash command.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card