cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3725 T1 Serial configuration

jasonbourque
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3725 with two two port T1 WIC's in W0 and W1. In W2 I have a T1-CSU/DSU-T1-V2 WIC. I am recieving a cd green light and an alarm light. The serial interface 0/4 is showing down and down. I want to confirm a correct configuration. Currently I have

S0/3

interface Serial0/4

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252

fair-queue

service-module t1 clock source internal

service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

linecoding is set to esf and framing is set to b8zs. I have set encapsulation for ppp. Does it look like I'm missing anything?

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Are you certain that the clock should be set to internal? In many cases, the clock is generated by the provider and clock source should be set to "line"

You should see lots of RX-errors if there is a conflict with the clocking. Check your provider to be absolutely certain.

Regards,

Leo

Thx for the response. Yes I did confirm that with the carrier. We just had a tech disbatched, turns out the smart jack was programed for a 56k circuit not a T1. Flipped a switch and we're up and running.

Thx again.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card