cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Upgrade from 12.1 to 12.2

simon.allen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade a 3750 stack of 5 switches from 12.1(19)EA1c to 12.2(46)SE and have been using this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

I'm trying to do the upgrade using just the .bin files as we only use CLI management tools. I've copied the new 12.2 .bin file onto all 5 switches but as the "boot system switch all" command isn't supported on the current 12.1 image I'm unable to set the boot variable on any of the member switches, only on the master.

I can session onto the members but can't use config mode. I'd prefer to keep the old IOS on each switch as a fallback.

Is it possible to set the boot variable on member switches on 12.1(19)EA1c. If so, how?

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's really nothing to gain from the 12.1 IOS.  Use the "archive download-sw /dest 1 /dest 2 /dest 3 /dest 4 /dest 5 tftp:///" command to upgrade the IOS of the switch stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card