Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E switch install IOS issue

phil_carter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an existing stack of 3750s all non-E series. I am trying to install a new 3750E (with ten gig uplinks). The new switch comes preloaded with a universal IOS with IPBase feature set, and the existing stack uses an IPBase feature set as well. However, I still get version mismatch between the switches:

existing IOS: c3750-ipbase-mz.122-40.SE.bin

3750E IOS: c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-35.SE5.bin (IPBase feature set)

Switch#sh license det sw 1

Index: 1 Feature: ipbase Version: 1.0

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

Switch#sh sw det

Switch/Stack Mac Address :

H/W Current

Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State

----------------------------------------------------------

*1 Master 001e.xxxxxxxx 1 1 Ready

2 Member 001b.xxxxxxxx 1 2 Version Mismatch

Can anyone advise what IOS I should be using to get these speaking to each other?

thanks

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to download the 3750e image (12.2(40)) manually since you won't be able to sync the image from a 3750 switch (different software).

For more information on inter-operating 3750E with 3750 in a stack, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_35_se2/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1189523

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to download the 3750e image (12.2(40)) manually since you won't be able to sync the image from a 3750 switch (different software).

For more information on inter-operating 3750E with 3750 in a stack, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_35_se2/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1189523

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hello,

Thanks for the post - however, I thought the IOS release could differ between 3750 and 3750E so long as the feature set was the same:

"• Version mismatch-StackWise Plus requires switch members of the stack to have similar Cisco IOS® Software image types or feature set licenses. That is, if the master runs the IP Services feature set, then all members are expected to have the same type of Cisco IOS Software feature set, although the release level can be different. If this condition is not met, then the stack will go into a version mismatch mode."

I'll give you suggestion a go in the meantime.

thanks

Phil

The "base feature set" on the 3750E is higher than the "base feature set" on the 3750. Based on the file name, the 3750E "base feature set" you have comes with security features such as SSH as denoted by the 'k9' in the filename.

The paragraph you posted would apply if you were to have a 3750E with a 3750E "base feature set" or a 3750 with a 3750 "base feature set". Mixing the hardware along with different feature set won't apply.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card