cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G-24TS

kirbyw001
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3750G-24TS which does nor provide PoE.  Can anyone tell me if I can add this capability to this switch and if so how?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kirby,

being the C3750G-24TS a fixed configuration switch and being not a modular one, POE cannot be added to it.

For modular switches like C4500 and C6500 the use of correct modules (changing linecards with POE capable ones)  and an upgrade of power supplies can do the job.

if you want to add POE you need to change this switch  with another device with POE capabilities.

You could use midspan injectors but the problem is that they are not easy to manage and add a device in the scenario.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kirby,

being the C3750G-24TS a fixed configuration switch and being not a modular one, POE cannot be added to it.

For modular switches like C4500 and C6500 the use of correct modules (changing linecards with POE capable ones)  and an upgrade of power supplies can do the job.

if you want to add POE you need to change this switch  with another device with POE capabilities.

You could use midspan injectors but the problem is that they are not easy to manage and add a device in the scenario.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

Thanks, I thought that was the case but couldn't find any documentation to positively verify this....Thanks for the help.

Wes

How many PoE ports do you require?  If there's only a few, then consider using Power Injectors perhaps?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card