Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3750X POE Power Problem

I have a 3750X switch stack of 5 switches with each switch having a 715watt power supply.  The switches are not using energy management across switches.  Power consumption is as follows:

Module   Available     Used     Remaining

(Watts)     (Watts)    (Watts)

------   ---------   --------   ---------

1           450.0      228.0       222.0

2           450.0      168.0       282.0

3           467.0      444.0        23.0

4           450.0      264.0       186.0

5           450.0      108.0       342.0

The issue is with switch #1.  When I unplug a working phone from switch 1 and then plug it back in to switch 1 it will not power.  If I take the same phone and plug it into any of the other four switches it powers fine.  I have many existing working phones on switch one and have had them unplug two more phones and plug them back in to switch one and they will not power up(not even try to). 

I'm assuming there is a POE granting issue with the first switch.  What commands can I use to determine what exactly the problem is?  Has anyone seen this and found the solution other than switch replacement.  I'm leary to just replace the power suppleyfor fear all the working phones on switch one will quit working.  I'm also leary of rebooting the stack for the same fear.

Thanks,

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content