Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3845 and NME-16ES-1G

I have a 3845 router with two NME-16ES-1G installed. When I do a service-module gigabitEthernet 1/0 status. The service module never goes into a steady state. All I get is Service Module is waiting for registration message.

I moved the service modules to another slot on the router and it still never goes into a steady state.

Do I have bad service modules?

1 REPLY

Re: 3845 and NME-16ES-1G

Have you assigned an IP address to each of the virtual Gig interfaces? What happens if you run the command "service-module gi 1/0 session"? Do you get to the switch prompt?

Maybe the status changes when there is a proper configuration within the switch, such that it can communicate via the "GigE" connection between the two devices....

Having a look myself, the following is output from a 2811 with an NME-16ES-1G-P, the router being configured, but the NME being unconfigured.

----

rtr01.blah#service-module gi1/0 status

Service Module is Cisco GigabitEthernet1/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 66

Service Module is waiting for registration message

Service Module reset on error is disabled

Service Module status is not available

----

rtr01.blah#service-module gi1/0 session

Trying 10.1.2.5, 2066 ... Open

User Access Verification

Username: admin

Password:

(some stuff about autoinstall...)

Switch>en

Switch#wr t

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1098 bytes

!

version 12.2

no service pad

----

These NME cards are dead-set "weird". I'd love to have a nice and clean configuration for them. I'm still racking my brain trying to work out how to get VLAN's to work between the router and switch.

- Rebecca

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content