cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3945E & NM-8CE1T1-PRI compatibility

Mel Popple
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a 3945E router with an NM-8CE1T1-PRI card installed in slot 2 using the SM-NM adapter card. The command 'card type E1 2' has been issued but I only see interfaces Serial2/0:0 to Serial2/0:30.

Since it as 8 port card I was also expecting there to be

Serial2/1:0 to Serial2/1:30

Serial2/2:0 to Serial2/2:30

etc etc.......

Serial2/7:0 to Serial2/7:30

The router will not allow me to issue a sub slot number with the card type command.

Am I missing something in the configuration or is there an issue with this card and router combination? The show inventory has the following:

NAME: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot on Slot 2", DESCR: "Network Module Adapter for SM Slot"

PID: SM-NM-ADPTR       , VID: V01, SN: FOCxxxxxxxx

NAME: "8 port channelized and PRI T1/E1 NM on Slot 2", DESCR: "8 port channelized and PRI T1/E1 NM"

PID: NM-8CE1T1-PRI     , VID: V01 , SN: FOCxxxxxxxx

It doesn't give any errors when booting up and the router is running c3900e-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-1.T.bin IOS.

Any ideas or is it working as it should? Why can't I see more interfaces.

Regards

Mel

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

According to table-2 in this link, the required IOS for this module is 15.1.(1)T and you have 15.2, so this should be fine.

You also need IP Base license,  What is your license level?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88_ps5949_Products_Data_Sheet.html

HTH

Reza,

Turned out to be a school boy error. I hadn't configured the controller time slots

controller E1 2/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

controller E1 2/1

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

controller E1 2/2

pri-group timeslots 1-31

etc etc................

Thanks for the help.

Mel

panchucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have the same problem that MEL PEOPLE.

I buyed a Cisco 3545 E whit a NM-8CE1T1-PRI card and I can´t see that E1/T1 interfaces when i run the command

"show interfaces"

Can you advised me what I should I do whitout change the IOS?

Thank a lot.

Excuse me for my bad English

Read above for solution.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card