Views
Helpful
Replies

4 ISDN in 1 Router

shoebwk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 4 branch office, need to connect through ISDN to the head office. which router can i use for this connectivity and will it have any future expansion. The branch would be using 800 ISDN router

Regards

SK

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Can you revert what kinda connectivity is expected out there in the central location ?

Is it going to be normal isdn lines there in central location too ? if yes whats the plan for number of lines getting connected to the router ?

do keyin some more info about the requirement you have in mind so that it can be helpful to suggest the best hardware platform for you..

regds

ISDN at central location.

Yes normal ISDN BRI at central location

This is the one option i am thinking of. Another possibility would be on leased DATA circuit. where for example all the 4 branches on 1700 router will connect to the central router on leased circuit(64k).

So for both the options what would be the Router in Central location. ?

hi

Keeping the future expansion and the future connectivity to the locations with the leased ckts i would suggest to check something inline with 2800 series..

For ISDN i would suggest either NM-4B-S/T or NM-4B-U which can offer you independent Backup for each leased line locations.

If you are sure that you are going to have only 64K with these locations then you can check for HWIC-4A/S

or else think off going on for HWIC-4T which can support max 2Mbps speed per location.

That may be an ideal choice if you think the traffic might go over 64K from each locations.

Cisco 2811 does supports the above mentioned modules but also i would suggest to check out the datasheet of ISR 2800 series..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.html

regds

Hi,

Thanks for the such valuable info.

can i use 1700 series with NM & WIC mentioned above for central location.

hi

In 1700 series you have 1760 series router in which you have 4 slots but two slots are for VICs and two slots are either for VICs or for WICs.

So in this case going on for 4 WAN ports for the leased ckts and for ISDN ckts will be ruled out.

regds

last thing wants to know what is the exact difference between NM & WIC

hi

AFAIK Network Modules(NM) provide slots for adding/installing WICs(WAN Interface Cards).

Its also available in different form factors..

Single-wide network modules, also called NM or NME

Extended single-wide network modules, also called NME-X

Double-wide network modules, also called NMD

Extended double-wide network modules, also called NME-XD

On more about them check these datasheets..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_module_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007c8c4.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2641/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007cb95.html

regds

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card