Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

4 VLANS routed using NAT to 4 IP's on 1 iface?

Hi,

First post so I'll keep it short. I will be connecting four LAN's to one ADSL connection, with 4 static assigned IP addresses. I figure the best way to do this would be to configure the LAN's on different subnets and introduce them to a router as VLAN's, mapping out each VLAN to a different external IP using NAT?

Is this possible with an 800 series router? If so, which models, and what steps would I have to take to configure the router.

Also, each LAN should not have access to any of the others and be able to be remotely suspended from internet access, should the need for this arise.

Best Regards,

Paul Heneghan

3 REPLIES

Re: 4 VLANS routed using NAT to 4 IP's on 1 iface?

Hi Paul

Are you trying out for inbound access or outbound access ?

do you have any servers hosted inside your organization or is it going to be plain internet access from your local lan.

regds

Hi Sprem,

Important points, the LAN's are going to private apartments, made up totally of cisco AP's (and from there on the customers equipment) and a netgear PoE switch per apartment.

As this is residential use outbound access is the key here. No server's will be hosted using the connection, but proviswion should be made if possible (not essential) to allow for normal P2P internet use for the customers.

B. Regards

Paul

Why would you need 4 different public ip`s when there is no inbound traffic to the LANs?... I would just do this with ordernary NAT overload using a route-map where you match the LAN ranges. If you need to suspend one net from access to internett, just remove that access-list statement so that It dont get any matches for NAT..

Then, for security between vlan you can use acl`s inbound on the sub interface. Just allowing only packets to go out wan interface and not to other subinterfaces..

Jens

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content