cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4XT1 - only seem to get 3Mbps

adcorbett_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - We have just upgraded from a 2XT1 to a 4XT1 that connects our central office to 60 remote offices.Unfortunately, it's managed router (Verizon) so I can't get into it. However, I am using Netfow on it and I have noticed that no matter how much traffic we pump through it, we never go beyond 50% utilization. The reason we upgraded was because we were maxing out the 2XT1! It looks like something is still thinking there are only 2 T1s. Now, Verizon assures us that all 4 are being used, but I can't see it. I had to hold their hands to get them to configure Netflow correctly, so I think I will have to do the same here, what can I have them check? It is a 2800 series router connected to a 3000 concentrator which handles the L2L VPN to our sites. Thanks.

also - there are 4 T1 cards in the the 2851, all show green, and the Netflow collector recognizes it as having 6.14Mbps.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Andy,

depending on the WAN service you are using on the 4XT1 (for example ATM, FR) one thing is the access link speed that you have increased another thing is the CIR committed information rate that you can push over it.

So it is possible they need to change some parameter in the WAN service to really get end-to-end bandwidth increase.

Or the same idea could be at a QoS shaper level on router.

Ask them to check these aspects.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card