cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4xT1 router

washingtondc
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a router that can provide 4xT1 bonded MLPPP. I looked at the 1841 but can't determine if it will provided 4xT1 MLPPP. Please advise.

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unsure whether a 1841 will physically support 4 T1s, but even if it did, I would be concerned it might offer insufficent performance.

For multiple T1s, believe Cisco recommends the 2800 series; the more T1s the more powerful models in the series. I can't find this Cisco reference at the moment, but recall for 4 T1s, Cisco recommendation might be for a 2821 or 2851. However, Cisco recommendations are conservative and you might be able to get by with lessor model in the series.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

i would definitely recommend using a 2800 series router for bundled PPP links. overheads and delays will impact smaller routers as it computes which line to use and managing other tasks. use a 2811 for 4 T1s; and a 2851 for 6 or 8 T1s. these routers gives you plenty of backplane speed for ACLs or other services. our wan branches are all 2851s and supports 2,3 or 4 bundled PPP links

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card