cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5 different adsl lines from single provider how to bundle it?

hi all

ive got 5 different adsl lines,1mb each and my requiremnt is to bundle this and achieve 5mb throughput.

and as cisco has only WIC-1ADSL card i cant accomodate 5 different cards in single router and if i'm buying 2 2800 series router's so that i can have 5 cards in these 2 routers, but how can i bundle this together can any body post any solution for this.

Binoy.

8 Replies 8

:( no body is there to suggest a solution?

Simply said, you cannot bundle the lines. You would need special support from provider for MLPPP, but I've never heard of any ISP willing to do that.

So you will just load share across all the lines and these will work simultaneously. Try to place the maximum number of lines in a single router, else it becomes very complicated.

For configuration details, write back once you have the hardware and the circuits active.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

sound abit weird.. but why keep all 5 lines instead of subscribe to a single line which have higher bandwidth ?

Personaly i do not try on bundle few ADSL lines into 1 for higher speed. But I do have few E1 line bundle as 1 (it call IMA by using certain modules)

The problem being our ISP provides only 1 Mb ADSL lines. So we are forced to try and bundle or load share.

And for each ADSL line we get a seperate username / password from the ISP as they are different internet accounts.

Also we dont get static public ip's for the ADSL lines, we get dynamic ones ... so we need to setup the dialers.

How can i now achieve load balancing on a single 2800 with 5 adsl lines ? :-(

Basically, you need five NAT statements, and five default routes. Said five default routes can be replaced by an appropriate command under dialer interface.

When you have the hardware and the lines, write back here, because it can be made to work, I know already someone that does, with not less than 10 circuits actually.

Hi there,

can you let me have the config ? ive got about 4 adsl lines i need to bond...

appreciate all the help i can get.

Search "ios nat load balancing" for the configuration example.

Thanks alot for ur help :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco