Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 sup fail

moorthy1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I hv 6509 with 720 two sup engine one is working fine but 2 sup l2 is working fine but msfc module is not.

what will be the problem for module 16 ?

Mod Slot Ports Module-Type Model Sub Status

--- ---- ----- ------------------------- ------------------- --- -------

1 1 48 10/100BaseTX Ethernet WS-X6148-RJ-45 no ok

5 5 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-SUP720-BASE yes ok

15 5 1 Multilayer Switch Feature WS-SUP720 no ok

6 6 2 1000BaseX Supervisor WS-SUP720-BASE yes standby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Moorthy,

I am sure the msfc is either is rommon or in booting loop.

Console into the active spervisor engine and run the command " switch console 16 " to access the msfc in slot 16 via console and then check if it is rommon or booting loop and if it is neither in rommon nor in booting loop and even switch console 16 does not take you to msfc could be it is a bad hardware.

If it is rommon check with dir bootfash: if it has the right image to boot or not and if it has the right image does it has the right boot path or not.

If it in booting loop break the loop via ctrk + break key and then follw the same procedure.

HTH

Ankur

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Moorthy,

I am sure the msfc is either is rommon or in booting loop.

Console into the active spervisor engine and run the command " switch console 16 " to access the msfc in slot 16 via console and then check if it is rommon or booting loop and if it is neither in rommon nor in booting loop and even switch console 16 does not take you to msfc could be it is a bad hardware.

If it is rommon check with dir bootfash: if it has the right image to boot or not and if it has the right image does it has the right boot path or not.

If it in booting loop break the loop via ctrk + break key and then follw the same procedure.

HTH

Ankur

moorthy1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for information & support Problem is solved.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card