Cisco Support Community
Community Member

6509 SUP2 Failover issue

I have a 6509 running CATOS with redundant supervisors, SUP2. Every few months, the 6509 will drop off the network and I will have to power cycle it to get it back up and running. I niotice that the system indicator on the active supervisor is showing amber and the switch load is around 30% steady. I have opened cases with Cisco, but the logs and show tech do not have much information since the device has been restarted. This time, Cisco did offer to RMA both supervisors, however, they will be sent with IOS since CATOS is no longer supported. What I need to know is if I can replace the SUP's with the new ones running IOS without an issue. Pull them out and insert the new ones and it will boot up and resume normal operations. Is there anything that needs to be done to accomodate the change? I imagine that I will have to apply the configuration to the active supervisor, but anything else? I would also imagine that the new supervisors will come already loaded with the correct IOS and MSFC2 info. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!!                  

CreatePlease to create content