Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

7206 Router crash and crashinfo file

I put the output of

more crashinfo file

into output interpreter on CCO and it couldn't give me any sugesstions. I searched through Bug Toolkit and found no matching footprints.

Any suggestions after looking at the attached files.

5 REPLIES

Re: 7206 Router crash and crashinfo file

Since you have CCO account, you have to use the Output Interpreter https://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/OutputInterpreter/home.pl not the Bug Toolkit.

Paste the "Show version" output and the "-Traceback= 60503934 60105AD8 60109CF4"

Edit: Oops you already did that :)

Have I hit S/W defect CSCdz57007 ?

I can't find anything in the crashinfo that triggers it except the line "Cause 0000401C (Code 0x7): Data Bus Error exception"

Did you by chance, did something before it crash like plugging new module?

I got my customer to tftp teh crashinfo file and send me that file rather than the output of the command

more crashinfo.

Then I used teh output interpreter on the tftp'ed crashinfo file and it pointed me to S/W defect CSCdz57007. But customer is running 12.2(31) which should not see this issue as per CSCdz57007.

Its hard to say, there is something about bugs notification from vendors that I rather not discuss here. It never hurts to upgrade to latest IOS even your current is GD. Whenever I have a problem and using old IOS, the first word I hear from my vendor is to upgrade to latest IOS and get back to them if I still have problem :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content