cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7206VXR and PA-MC-T3 compatibility..

mlward
Level 1
Level 1

I have several hardware version 1.0.1 PA-MC-T3 cards running in non-VXR 7206 routers.  I would like to move them to a 7206VXR chassis, I understand that HW1.0.1 is not compatible with the VXR.  What HW version is required and can someone point me toward a document with that stated in it.  I would like to purchase the correct unit, but cannot locate the documentation with the minimum hardware version required.

Thanks Matt

3 Replies 3

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The issue seems to be with NPE-G2 and the cards not 7206VXR and cards.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62535.html

As long as you are not using NPE-G2, you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

The problem I have is that the cards will display that they are not compatible with the VXR and that they need to be removed.  I thought at one time, I had found a document that stated that hardware 1.0.1 cards would not work in the VXR, period.  I need this confirmed.

Matt

Matt,

Can you post a 'show diag' and any console messages which indicate that they are not compatible?

Not aware of any such document that talks about 1.0.1 hardware revision incompatibility

As far as I know, the PA should work with the 7206vxr with different NPEs; only the software version required may vary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card