cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7500 as Internet Router

exchange1
Level 1
Level 1

We have two 7507 routers chasis sitting idle in our store room. There is need to setup Internet gateway which can handle multiple STM-1 capacity. We have our own Public AS Number and we are connecting to Tier-1 Internet backbone through undersea submarine cable. Our first connection will be to our Internet upstream provider. I wish to know if I can use 7507 for this purpose and what card module do I need to purchase to meet my requirements, any other advice will be highly welcome.

Note: I am aware 7507 has reached EOL and we've order 2 7609 but it will take Cisco 6 months to deliver and install and we can't wait.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the exact hardware equipment you have on the 7500's ? Down to RSP model/memory, VIP which version/memory, exact port adapter.

Without this info it's impossible to say if what you have is up to the job or not.

Note, you can easily buy 7600 / 6500 (they are the same thing) from many official dealers, they have them in stock.

Thanks,

We have 6506 and 6504 with this config:

6506#sh module

Supervisor Engine 720 WS-SUP720-3B

Policy Feature Card WS-F6K-PFC3B

MSFC3 WS-SUP720

Can this 6500s do the work?

What else do we need?

I will get the info on the 7507 soonest.

Hi, for large routing table / multiple bgp you need WS-SUP720-3BXL that has the large memory required.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_data_sheet09186a0080159856_ps2797_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card