Views
Helpful
Replies

7513 RSP Module continously resetting

s_khakhar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

This is the first time i m on some networking site asking something i m facing frm last 2 weeks.

I have 3 7513 routers all the 3 routers slave RSP gets resetted frequently & then works fine for some time then again a call is logged with cisco but they are unable to figure out the issue can any one help me to find out the issue.

The IOS i m using is rsp-k91pv-mz.122-25.S15.bin

If anyone can help me would be thankful to him, due to this i m under huge pressure.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the usually accompanying information for the crashes. there is also newer software in 12.2Sb that you may need to tr.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

you are speaking of slave RSP resetting.

Am I right that you are not experiencing a whole router crash but only the rebooting of the slave RSP.

What is the RSP model ? Do they match on each chassis ?

What type of redundancy are using ? RPR, RPR+, SSO ?

Have you configured any security measure like receive-acl or Control Plane Policing ?

You should post the logging buffer output of the working master RSP to see what are the reasons for the resetting the slave RSP (I guess a failed communication with master RSP).

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yes I m talking about Slave RSP,

No I m not experiencing Whole router reset only the slave resetting continously.

I m using Cisco RSP16 (R7000A) processor with 524288K bytes of memory

RSP Software (RSP-K91PV-M)hope this is enough

I m using SSO as redundancy

no i havent configured any receive acl or control plane policing

Hello,

ok so no receive-acl and no CPP

However, if you are using SSO take care of what type of cards you have on your routers.

Only VIP cards (cards with their own processor) are supported with SSO.

Older cards like FEIP can cause problems because they are managed directly by the main processor (RSP) and this can cause an hard competition between the master and slave RSPS about who should control these brainless cards.

I remember a network outage caused by enabling SSO on a 7513 with an old cpuless card.

What kind of messsages are in your log buffer ?

There should be messages about the slave RSPs.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

prasadbhairat
Level 1
Level 1

configure Rpr+ using letest ios

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco