Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7600/6500 process switching

Hello,

is there a way to see which traffic is software switched (process swithched)  on Cisco 7600/6500.

Normaly traffic on this platform is hardware switched (using CEF), but sometimes CPU is overutilized with traffic that goes through MSFC and I want to detect this traffic.

1) one way is to enable ip netflow for sotware switch traffic but I don't think it will work if ruter has function PE in MPLS network

2) I also thought to use SPAN in order to mirror traffic destined to MSFC to some port, but this is difficult to configure when CPU is 99% utilzed

is there some other way to detect traffic that is process switched.

Also is there a way to see which traffic is process switched on software routers like Cisco 7200?

thanks,

A.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: 7600/6500 process switching

You won't get a simple answer to this query. There are lot of factors for traffic to become processed switched.

This URL would provide a glimpse about some of the features that may cause process switching traffic and how to troubleshoot it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a00804916e0.shtml#utilities

Regards

Edison

Re: 7600/6500 process switching

Thank you Edison.

Regards,

A

Views
Helpful
Replies