Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 router (IPSec)

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have been trying to configure IPSec on my two routers (7613 and 7609), but it never works and I used the same configs on 3845 connected to 2821 it worked well. I read that there are IPSec SPA's for these 7600 family routers. My question is can't I do basic IPSec configuration on the 7600 family without the IPSec SPA, to be more specific 7609 and 7613?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mpho

I mean as you would telnet/ssh to a switch/router to configure it, you can also set up an IPSEC connection purely so you can log onto the 7600 to configure/administer the router.

It is no use for end users whether they are coming in via a site-to-site VPN or a vpn client setup.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can only configure IPSEC without the SPA for administrative connections to the actual router and even then this is only supported in software.

For any other IPSEC tunnels you do indeed need an IPSEC SPA for the 7600 family routers including both the 7609 and the 7613.

Jon

Hi Jon

By "Administrative connections" do you mean the connection from a pc to that specific router, not with two router's that have end stations connected? Can you elaborate further if it's not what you meant.

Thanks and regards

Mpho

Mpho

I mean as you would telnet/ssh to a switch/router to configure it, you can also set up an IPSEC connection purely so you can log onto the 7600 to configure/administer the router.

It is no use for end users whether they are coming in via a site-to-site VPN or a vpn client setup.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card