Views
Helpful
Replies

819 3G router vpn

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We have just purchased a 3G 819 router and im struggling to setup a vpn tunnel back to our 5510 ASA. I have created many vpns with Sonicwall devices back to our ASA but this is a first for me creating a VPN with command line based script.

As the 3G router doesnt have a external static ip I need to create a site to site vpn using the connection name and aggressive mode.

I wish all traffic, including internet to go across the VPN so we can secure what users do from HQ.

We are using aes 256 SHA with pre shared key and group 5

any help would be great

5 Replies 5

sprocket10
Level 2
Level 2

I have now used CCP to create the VPN. I tested but using the current ip address of the device in the ASA vpn settings and the tunnel came up and worked, however the 3G device has a dynamtic extenal ip. When I change the ASA vpn settings to Connection Name rather than staitic IP for the site the tunnel does not come up. Im sure its a simple setting but cannot find it. The device name matches the name I used on the ASA.

IOS VPN with dynamic IP is not a simple matter. More details have to be looked and almost certainly it cannot be configured with CCP.

A little more help would be great, I have no problems using the IOS interface but not sure how to go about this with Dynamic IPs on VPN. The tunnel is working with the ip set as static but ofcourse this will be no good.

Would you mind sharing your configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card