I just got and configured a Cisco 831 router. The IOS is 12.4. The router is connected to a DSL modem and goes to internet. The problem is, from PC in my LAN, only some web sites can be accessed, like google.com. Some web sites cannot be opened, like weather.com. I tried trace route, the routing goes to the 831 router (the only gateway). I telnet to 80 port of those web sites, and it works.
Here are the tests I did from PC1 in my LAN:
1. In IE, open google.com website, result: Webpage looks good.
2. In IE, open weather.com website, result: Webpage doesn't open.
3. In DOS prompt, do "telnet weather.com 80", get the black screen, means telnet session is established to weather.com's 80 port.
4. Same problem with other PC
5. If I swap the Cisco 831 with a consumer level router, everything works.
So I'm suspecting something wrong with the Cisco 831 above Layer 4. But it's just my guess, as I got absolutely no clue.
Can you please advise? I attached my running-config.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...