cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

837 and multiple public IP addresses

simpsonjm
Level 1
Level 1

Hope fully somebody will be able to help me out here. I'm a complete noob so please bear with me.

I have a 837 and it currently has the line 'ip address negotiated' against the Dialer1 interface. This allows it to pick up a static IP address from the ISP.

I have configured PAT to allow access through to an internal web server by translating ports 80 and 443.

I am now in a situation that requires a 2nd web server to be made available on the Internet from the LAN.

I have 4 useable IP addresses from my ISP. I can't use PAT to make the 2nd web server available on it's own IP address as it is using the same ports that the 1st web server is using.

Could somebody give me some help on how to get my 4 further IP addresses configured on the 837 so that one of them could be used to provide the services on the 2nd web server?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

You configure the additional addresses the same way you already configured the server to the use the dialer interface IP. The difference is you specify the actual IP instead of using the interface command in the static translation.

so for example

ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.1 20.0.0.1

This is a one to one mapping. If you just wanted to do ports like you have already done than it would be like this.

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.1 80 20.0.0.1 80 extendable

The additional four IPs don't need to be configured anywhere else besides the NAT commands.

Daniel

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nathan.deane
Level 1
Level 1

If you have 4 usable IP's from your ISP you could just do Static NAT rather than PAT

This would mean that all traffic to the specific IP would be forwarded to the specific private (inside) address

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

You configure the additional addresses the same way you already configured the server to the use the dialer interface IP. The difference is you specify the actual IP instead of using the interface command in the static translation.

so for example

ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.1 20.0.0.1

This is a one to one mapping. If you just wanted to do ports like you have already done than it would be like this.

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.1 80 20.0.0.1 80 extendable

The additional four IPs don't need to be configured anywhere else besides the NAT commands.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel.

That's worked for me (well after I changed the routing on the server)

Your help was much appreciated.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card