cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

857 NO NAT Help

rasoftware
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisoc 857. I have a range of public IP addresses from PPPoA ADSL dialup. I have set the router to NO-NAT and its picking up a static IP on WAN interface. I have a hub plugged into the Ethernet0 port and wish to plug clients intp this with public IPs from my range. The VLAN of the Eth0 is 10.10.10.1 but I want the machines plugged into this to use the public static addresses I have. Is this correct or do I need to create a VLAN with my public range?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

enter the VLAN interface configuration mode and type:

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y secondary

So, the config of your VLAN interface should eventually look like this:

interface Vlan10

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y secondary.

Let me know if you keep having problems with this...

Regards,

GP

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

from what I understand from sitution, you could try and add one of the public IP addresses as a secondary address on the VLAN interface. That way, the clients can be assigned public IP addresses, and NAT is not required, while the clients with 10.10.10.x address can continue to work.

Just make sure that the clients with public IP addresses use the secondary public IP address configured on the VLAN interface as default gateway...

HTH,

GP

How do I assign a secondary address to the VLAN?

Hello,

enter the VLAN interface configuration mode and type:

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y secondary

So, the config of your VLAN interface should eventually look like this:

interface Vlan10

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y secondary.

Let me know if you keep having problems with this...

Regards,

GP

The 10.10.10.x network is not really necessary, the router need only to provide PPPoA and as a gateway for the othe public addresses. Is there anyway I can configure the ATM WAN and LAN port with the same address? Or is it possible to make the LAN ports transparent in some way? I have other adsl routers where they have only a single IP used and all other addresses are avaiable behind its LAN port. These are ISP managed but im not sure how they do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card