Views
Helpful
Replies

857W IP Pim command not available

JuanCandon
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I don't know how to configure IGMP on one interface as the command "IP pim ..." is not available on routers 857w.

Can someone help with it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you can ignore random comment about switch es, anyway is correct to state that the 85x does not support pim like many other advance protocols, but this is a product limitation, not due to the 85x being old, as they are not.

You need a minimum of an 87x and possibly advanced IP service image to do that you're asking for.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Since 857 is an older device i think that it is not possible to configure IGMP on it.It is better to use an 4500 series switches to configure IGMP and use the same.

Refer the following url for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/44sg/configuration/guide/multi.html

I want to join the internal vlan to IGMP groups for IPTV coming by the ATM interface.

Would it work using the a switch?

Thanks,

Juan.

Hi, you can ignore random comment about switch es, anyway is correct to state that the 85x does not support pim like many other advance protocols, but this is a product limitation, not due to the 85x being old, as they are not.

You need a minimum of an 87x and possibly advanced IP service image to do that you're asking for.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card