Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

877 ADSL router as a straight through router

A customer who has acquired a 877 router now wishes to use it at a managed offices location that presents an Ethernet rather than ADSL connection. Is it at all feasible to configure the 877 in this way?

3 REPLIES

Re: 877 ADSL router as a straight through router

Hi Alan

You need to provide more specific info about your requirement.so do throw more clarity on the same...

regds

Thanks your reply. In these offices they are presented with a Class A private network address that has a static NAT to the outside world. We want to set up the router as a routed VPN endpoint. Had the connection been DSL this would have been relatively simple. So in essence my question is (assuming suitable rj11-rj45 converters) is it possible to configure the DSL port as a simple ethernet connection. I have read of this being possible in other routers.

Regards,

I am sure most people reading this will already know... but just in case it is of help to others. I have acheived this by splitting the Ethernet ports into 2 VLANs. I added NAT and the firewall across the vlans and bingo it does what I want.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content