Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

877 ADSL router to be able to bridge the negotiated public IP to an Internal firewall external address?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to pass a negotiated public IP address on an ADSL interface to a device residing internally?

My problem is that we have a device that peers globally to other sites but does not support ADSL ppp negotiation. Ideally I want the 877 to negotiate the IP address and then allow my Internal Netgate device to use the public IP address as its external IP address so it can peer to other Netgate devices globally.

I have the 877 currently with a dynamic public IP address and working fine but now there is a need for this public IP to be presented on to my netgate device which resides on the inside of my 877.

I looked in to using bridge mode but i have been informed this will not work with the dialler interface negotiating the IP address.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• WAN Routing and Switching
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.