cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 + ADSL

davetmcfc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 877 router that I am having problems getting an ADSL connection with.

I configure the router with all the details the ISP provide, however when connected to the ADSL line I have a PPP light lit on the front panel but no connection with my ISP.

The RSD/ADSL LED on the front will flicker several times then nothing. I have attempted every configuration imaginable but to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dave,

Coul you please paste the config from the router as well, it would become much more easier to diagnose.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Hi Wilson,

Sorry for taking so long to reply I have been out of the country.

Please find attached the router config.

Best regards,

Dave

webbytech
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have a regular ADSL modem supplied by the ISP to try and see if it sync's up? Also the config of your 877 would help alot.

The regular ISP ADSL modem is running at the moment and works fine, it is just the 877 I cannot seem to get working. Attached is the router config.

Dave,

ppp chap hostname 01616812609@talktalk@net

ppp chap password 0

That shows a username of 01616812609@talktalk@net and no password. Make sure that is correct.

Also, I dont see a ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 anywhere.

I ran through the wizard at initial startup of the router so any details are from that procedure. I have taken the password out for obvious reasons. Why there is no IP route I don't know, should this have been done during the wizard?

BillBores
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this issue resolved?

I ran into something very similar recently with an 871. Specifically it had to do with some statements that prevented the 871 from connecting or getting an IP address DHCP. Does this sound similar?

Bill

I'm not sure, it cannot even get an ADSL connection with the ISP whether by static IP address or DHCP. However if you managed to get a connection maybe it may work for my 877.

Regards, Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card