cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 can't access the internet - config attached

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this is strange. I have an 877 ADSL router that I can't configure it to get on the internet. I have managed to get an 837 and an 1841 ADSL router on, but not this one. I spoke with a Cisco engineer who we bought it from and he tested it and it was fine on their ADSL line. I got it back and just put our username and password in and again nothing. I have the config attached and the debug output when I put the ADSL phone line in.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. All posts have a scrollbox for rating, if you don't have that, it's more serious matter than the ADSL disconnects :)

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

You have a link on the ATM line so we may assume that the line itself is OK.

In the ppp negotiation phase, there is only outgoing traffic. This makes me think of an incorrect VPI/VCI setting on the atm interface.

Have you verified that 0/38 is indeed correct for your service provider?

regards,

Leo

Hi Leo, the weird thing I'm using the same config I put on the 837 apart from "interface Vlan1" the 837 uses "interface Ethernet0"

The 837 works with 0/38 and so does the 1841, I just don't understand.

This is strange too, it would seem the line connected at one point. See attachment.

Yes it did. I also spotted a difference and you are missing something:

The line "ppp authentication chap pap callin" & pap authentication was not in the first config.

For the rest, you should add the following: "dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit"

regards,

Leo

Yeah I added the ppp authentication chap pap callin part.

I'll add the dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit part and test

At one point I could ping www.google.com from the console then after about 10 mins the atm0 went down, then never came backup.

You may try to upgrade IOS to 12.4(11)XJ4 or just load newer dsl firmware that you can access at:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

the one you want is 3.0.10 or 3.0.33.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

omg! you fixed it, how do I rate it, I don't see an option.

Thanks. All posts have a scrollbox for rating, if you don't have that, it's more serious matter than the ADSL disconnects :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card