cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877 - Move to New ISP and ADSL2

bill.glidden
Level 1
Level 1

Using SDM, have changed IP address of 877, ISP username / password, new static IP address and new ISP DNS server. Will not connect. CD is lit, RX & TX occasionally blink, but no connection. A netgear router connects OK, so service is active. What have I missed?

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Bill

If you have changed the ip address of the Cisco 877 as you have mentioned and also the static ip of the SP then i feel you should change the nat statements accordingly to allow your lan to get onto the outside world..

Thats the only missing link i am seeing out here ..

But you can do few connectivity checks from your router itself by pinging the external world and make sure that till your router things are fine..

you can also post your config here for further verifications and suggestions ..

regds

I changed the nat statements with the new static IP address. Attached is the config.

Hi Bill

Did u try accessing the site using the ip address ?

regds

Hi Spremkumar

No, I didn't. The home page in SDM showed the WAN interface was down and had no adsl connection so I assumed this meant no connection.

The only thing wrong with my config was that iiNet wanted PAP, not CHAP. Now resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: