cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

877W Factory Reset

dlau
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I got a 877W router and I forgot the password to get into the system so I used the confreg 0x142 to reset the router to factory config.

But now I can't connect to the router through SDM because it lost the default LAN config of 10.10.10.1.

Is there a way to put this back on so I can use SDM to configure it again? I am not familiar with CLI so using SDM will save me a lot of time.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

You have to, at lease, configure your LAN port with an IP address before using SDM. That shouldn't be too stressful. Also, you'll probably be presented with an autoconfig script when you login to the console for the first time.

Ahmednaas,

Yes, i did do

configure terminal

interface fastethernet 0

IP address 10.10.10.1 255.0.0.0

no shutdown

and assigned my pc to port FE0 with static IP 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.0 but still can't ping 10.10.10.1.

Please show me how to set this up correctly so I can connect to the router with SDM.

Thanks.

Why do you have different masks for the PC and the router? Use the same mask on both.

Here is the quick start guide for SDM:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_quick_start09186a0080511c89.html

Sorry, that was a typo. Both has the same mask of 255.0.0.0

Did you use the router's ip as the default gateway on your pc?

No, but I will give that a try.

Yes, tried that last night and still can't ping 10.10.10.1.

Is there somewhere that I can find the factory default config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card