Views
Helpful
Replies

887va with public ip

mod0108537733
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

I have 887va router that act as adsl modem and it working fine . I have one static public ip but iI dont know where to use it (under which interface)

I tried to use

r(config)#interface dialer1

r(config)#ip address x.x.x.x(the public ip)

instead of

r(config)#ip address negotiated

but doesn't work

10 Replies 10

Ali Norouzi
Level 1
Level 1

Do you establish PPPoE ?

yes with the command of

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

In some releases you cant assign /32 address under dialer interfaces.

so you have options

either use

ip address negotiated

or

int lo100

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.255

int dia1

ip unnumbered lo100

HTH

Hitesh

pls rate useful posts

Dear Hitesh Vinzoda

the internet connection become down and  I cant telnet to the router from outside

I need this public ip to be used for site to site vpn with remote peer(any other solution will be appreciated)

thanks

Mahmoud

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

What option have you used?

Have you tried restarting router?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

My problem is I have two sites and want to make site to site vpn between them

(site A)  887va router and public ip

(site B)  ASA 5505 with public ip

I faced a problem related to 887va when I configured the ASA firewall for vpn I should use the 887va public IP

but I cant put this public ip under interface dialer in 887va (cisco documentaion said that). I dont care to use this public IP under dialer interface ,only I care about using this public ip  in vpn and access the router from outside by telnet .

any help please

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi you would need to use IP address negotiated under dialer interface. Pls check with provider if they are pushing address via radius or LNS pool.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

thanks Hitesh Vinzoda for your replay I appreciate that

I'm already using

the internernet is working fine but my question is in ASA what IP should I use for peer (887va router) if i make the the ip negotiated?

Please logon to the router and if your provider has given you a static IP then you can find that out using

> show ip int brief

Now if at all you dont know the IP address then from a PC behind the router go to www.whatismyipaddress.com

This will show you the external IP of the router. If all your other configuration on the router is OK.

Thanks

Hitesh

I know that thanks

the dialer interface got public ip by negotiating but this ip is differnt from my assigned public ip from isp

is this ip will change after while?

can i use this negotiated ip in vpn ?

if i use anther public ip as a secondary under int vlan 1 any problem gonna be happen ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card