Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

A question regarding 857/877 and ADSL / Firewall setup

Hi all.

I will shortly be getting an 857/877 ADSL router and have a few questions regarding the setup with my infrastructure.

I have 10 static IP's from my ISP. 1 is for the WAN on the ADSL router, 1 is used for the external I/F of my Checkpoint. I have a DMZ with a web server and mail server. The DMZ / internal machines are connected to a managed VLAN capable switch with no routing between them.

Example:

WAN IP: 82.33.104.102

External I/F on Checkpoint: 82.33.104.103

DMZ I/F on Checkpoint: 192.168.1.250

Internal I/F on Checkpoint: 10.0.10.250

I should be able to just hook up my 877 to the external facing I/F on my Checkpoint right and let it handle the traffic that way? Any special config or routing I need?

Any problems do you think with this kind of setup? (I intend to do all firewalling via the Checkpoint).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: A question regarding 857/877 and ADSL / Firewall setup

When you mean wan ip - 82.33.104.102, that should be the dsl interface ip that you configure on the 857/877 router, correct ? This subnet cannot be again assigned to the lan side of the 877 router which inturn connects to the Checkpoint firewall. You will need to subnet this to a smaller subnet to allocate one on the wan side and another on the lan side.

Considering 10 addresses are given to you, i assume the mask is a /28 (255.255.255.240). Can you get me the first and last address in the subnet. Also the default gateway (Which is your ISP - is it 82.33.104.101 ?)

Views
Helpful
Replies