cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About OSPF

sheldon.wu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, our HO use MPLS/VPN connect some branch office, when I type command "show route" on my HO's router, all routing info's prefix is S,there is no O, does it mean the ospf routing disabled ?? but I could see the " ip ospf " command on HO and branch office's routers. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

network.king
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I think you are mentioning " sh ip route " and pls see wheter you have " router ospf X " command and under that some network statements are present .

The ips in the network statement should be the ips of the wan links over which ospf is enabled .

Check " sh ip ospf neighbor " to see wheter you have any ospf neigbors . If there are ospf neighbors , then you will have some routes learned via ospf , or else you would not be able to see any routes other than static.

Hope this helps

regards

vanesh k

In addition to the suggestions by vanesh I believe that the output of show ip ospf would be helpful in determining whether OSPF is configured and running.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

u can use "show ip protocols as well to see which protocol is enabled........plz rate all posts

avillalva
Level 1
Level 1

The routes in your routing table are Static routes. it has a better administrative distance than OSPF (Static=1, OSPF=110) therefor will always appear first. You can change the admin distance of the statics to a number higher than 110 if you are sure these routes exist in ospf. You can use show ip ospf database to check if the networks exist in ospf.

Hope that helps,

Andres

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card