Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access-list problems on 1840

hi,

I have cisco 8140 router.

The problem is that users can't go to the internet but from the router itself i can ping external ip address.

I have the following routing

p classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

ip route 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 172.30.21.100

ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 172.30.61.100

and the following access-list

access-list 3 permit xxx.xx.xx.xx log

access-list 3 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 log

access-list 100 permit ip 192.168.30.0 0.0.0.255 any

what iam doing wrong?

Thank you for any replays

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bar

There is not enough information here for us to know quite what the problem is. If you can provide some more information telling us which interface is facing inside and what its address and subnet are, which interface is facing outside and what its address and subnet are. Also you have given us two access lists but have not told us on which interface and in what direction they are applied.

If we know the things that I have asked we may be able to identify your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bar

There is not enough information here for us to know quite what the problem is. If you can provide some more information telling us which interface is facing inside and what its address and subnet are, which interface is facing outside and what its address and subnet are. Also you have given us two access lists but have not told us on which interface and in what direction they are applied.

If we know the things that I have asked we may be able to identify your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The issue has been resolved.

The problem was with the in nat source which i didn't specify

any way thank you

Bar

I am glad that you got it working. Thank you for posting back to this thread and indicating that it is fixed and how you fixed it. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that the problem is resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will read about what solved the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card