cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access lists for denying Specific websites.

Paulsharland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have attached a copy of one of our configs we have, now my question is this, we are trying to block specific websites, like youtube and facebook etc we have tried a few different ways however it blocks the whole internet and wont let us on at all.

The config on here is untouched and the original which lets us access all websites. Can anyone help with specific website blocking?!

Thanks very much.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am a bit puzzled at this posting. The config that you included assigns access list 101 on the outbound interface and assigns access list 102 on the inside interface. But neither access list is present in the config. I see a partial config for ip inspect but it is not activated that I can tell.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello

Richard is correct - Looks like you are trying to implement CBAC and have specified an acl 102  which doesnt exist( or you havent posted it) - Also cbac isnt being called either.

For basic CBAC - try the config below, it will allow return traffic initiated from inside and be inspected by your CBAC config, you may have to amend the acl so routing protocols ( if applicable) will not get inspected - see below:

access-list 102 permit udp any any eq rip

access-list 102 deny ip any any

interface ATM0

ip inspect firewall out

ip access-group 102 in

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

NBAR is your answer.
The possibility to match files and URL is endless. You need to study a little bit its capabilities and restrictions but you will not be disappointed.

Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco