cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

accessing internet

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi im trying to set up my cisco lab to access the internet through my virgin home router,i have turned on modem mode and it gives my router 1 an ip add,i have also set up nat with overload,i also see the route in my routing tables of other routers. frim pc 3 that is right across the other side of the network i can ping 4.2.2.2 but not google.com,from my r1 which is the router connected to my modem i can ping 4.2.2.2 and google.com no problem,and when i do sh ip nat translations it shows the nat working,but non of the pcs can get any web pages.also have default route to internet interface,no other access-lists just the nat any ideas

also from all pcs i can type in ip add into web browser and access the site,on each router i have done the command ip name server 4.2.2.2

thanks tewy

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris,

Are your PCs able to use a DNS server, did you set a DNS server on ur PCs or have the option set, in case of using DHCP server for addressing?

plz Rate if it helped,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

View solution in original post

from the pc, can you ping to 8.8.8.8 ? if yes, then try to change your dns to this ip. its google's dns

regards,

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

handoko wiyanto
Level 3
Level 3

hi Chris,

would you mind giving us the network diagram? it'll help a lot.

regards,

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi can u give me the ip add of these forums as using the pcs for the lab an not sure how to add diagram through iphone,with the ip address i can access the forums on pc then and add the diagram and any show commands needed

its https://supportforums.cisco.com

and the thread is under Wan, Routing and Switching

regards,

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi no i mean the actual ip address it seems to be with the dns as if i type google.com i get cant find server but if i type 173.194.34.160(google.com s ip add)i can access the page

thanks chris

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

will reset up pcs an post diagram

thanks

Hi Chris,

Are your PCs able to use a DNS server, did you set a DNS server on ur PCs or have the option set, in case of using DHCP server for addressing?

plz Rate if it helped,

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi i hadnt setup dns on the pcs but after u replied i setup dns on pc to isp dns and secondary dns 4.2.2.2 but it still doesnt work

thanks chris

from the pc, can you ping to 8.8.8.8 ? if yes, then try to change your dns to this ip. its google's dns

regards,

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi no i think theres somthing else goin on now as i cant ping trace or access using ip addresses anymore,will try get it back how it was and try ur suggestions,will rate if i suss it and ask if i dont thanks for all your help

thanks chris

ChRiStEw1234
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys thanks for all your help it was i hadnt set up dns on pcs

thanks chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco