cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Ethernet Port(s) to 2600XM Router

SCORPION69
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked thru much of the documentation for adding a Network Module...but I still would like some help.

The 2600XM router I have has the built in Ethernet Port.....

Is it possible to add additional Ethernet ports to this 2600XM router??

If so what Model#........

And would I be able to do any routing between the Ethernet ports??

Thanks.....I am not a CISCO EXPERT at all.....

7 Replies 7

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

(1)Which router it is?2611 or 20 or 21 or 91....

(2)As far as routing is concerned this will be automatically done once you give IPs on your ethernet ports.

Regards

JD

Hi

It wont support ethernet cards.

Its time to get a hardware change I guess :)

Pls rate if I had helped.

Regards

JD

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can add an NM-1FE-Tx to your 2620 and it surely works.

Here is a page for your reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b89.html

HTH

SSLIN

CSCO10892433
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry, I've just noticed the document I provided stating that NM-1FE-Tx won't be supported on 2600 platform, but in the real world, it do work -- as long as the ios is "advanced" enough.

I remember I had the same problem one year ago while I found an auction on the yahoo site which list an NM-1FE-Tx and stating that it supported 2600. I ask the seller to make sure it did support 2600. He gave me a promise that if the module did not work, he would make a refund to me. Then I bought it ans tested it in my home lab, and it did work.

I have used this module in one of my 2620 routers for almost one year without any problem.

I will post the output of "show version" and "show ip int brief" on one of my 2620s tomorrow, so you can see it really works.

SSLIN

That would be great....thanks...

BTW....what is the LATEST IOS for the 2620XM Router?

Here is the file that I captured last night. It shows an additonal fastEthernet interface in the 2620 router by "show ver" and "show ip int brief"

The latest IOS version of 2620xm I've seen is 12.4(9)T, but you don't have to use that advanced ios to support the NM-1FE-TX, an ios version of 12.2 is probably enough.

SSLIN

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card