Views
Helpful
Replies

Administrative Distance

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have 4 etherdrops from a single ISP but at different POPs i.e. 2 links from each POP. I have static routes for my subnet pointing to router of POP1, & same router wit higher AD at POP2.

Now, problem is when my POP1 goes down traffic doesnt come from POP2.

My query is very simple, Does etherdrop support the concept of AD or not?

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

The concept of AD wont work with Etherdrops since the port wont go down and remain up still you have some cut or problem in the media connecting mux.

You need to have object tracking feature enabled to have auto fall back or make use of GRE Tunnel with proper keepalive support on the tunnel to have primary/secondary routing..

regds

Can u pls elaborate me on the solution.

What I understand is that TRACKING works with HSRP. But in this case, I need the ISP to track their etherdrops from different POPs such that, if 1 POP goes down then traffic should be routed through 2nd POP.

I dont think running BGP would be a gud solution to load balancing incoming traffic from a single ISP but from different POPs, especially when there is no expertise for BGP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card