cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL Annex-M Support on WIC-1ADSL??

jcecchin
Level 1
Level 1

From what I understand to get Annex-M ADSL2 support on Cisco routers you need to get a hardware upgrade/replacement and IOS 12.4(11).

New versions of the 877 routers with a "-M" and a "HWIC-1ADSL-M" have been released for various other routers.

What I wish to know is if there is going to be any new WIC-1ADSL part with Annex M support (aka WIC-1ADSL-M).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I don't think there will be any evolution for the older WIC, because the higher rates require in fact the highest bus speed that only HWIC's have.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I don't think there will be any evolution for the older WIC, because the higher rates require in fact the highest bus speed that only HWIC's have.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

So in the 3700 series will we be able to use HWIC-1ADSL-M, ...surely not?

The 3700 support hwic-1adsl and "should" support the -m variant as well.

in a normal wic slot?? or do we need some aditional hardware?

To be honest, I can't find a conclusive document that show the 3745 supporting hwic-1adsl, let alone the -m. So if you want annex m, the safest whay would be to order a router that embedded ot hwic, supports that offically.

Paolo,

That is really really my problem. Customer needs to know to deploy in about more than an hundred locations.

In 38xx i know that i can use HWIC ports, no problem. But and in 3700? argh, what a dillema!

Thanks!

Paolo,

From this good doc (as gurus say):

http://www.ciscosystems.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/wic_inst/wic_doc/prepwanm.pdf

Cisco 3700 series:

- Routers do not support HWICs.

- Does not support VICs in chassis slots.

Hope i helped today!!!

Regards,

Met.

Good finding, thanks! I've rated your post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco