cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adsl fallback

networkdefence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I wonder whether someone can help me out with this solution.

I have two Cisco 837 routers at a branch office site. Router A has an ip address of 192.9.239.1 and all traffic going through this router goes via a vpn to head office.

What I would like to to is configure router B with ip address 192.9.239.254 and have another vpn pointing back to head office down a different firewall as a fallback solution.

So say Router A's adsl goes down all the traffic would then hop across to the next router and then go down the secondary vpn.

Ive been reading about setting up rip and setting up a metric with regards wether router A or router B's adsl line is down but could do with some assistance in setting this up.

Could someone tell me the simplest way of getting this working please?

Thanks

Marc.

2 Replies 2

bhedlund
Level 4
Level 4

One easy way to do this is to run HSRP between the two routers and use the 'track' feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094e90.shtml

Hope this helps. Please rate this post ;)

-Brad

It looks like the 837 can support HSRP however this configuration may not be possible at the moment. Is there any other way of getting this running.

Thanks

Marc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card