Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL Router

omarmaher
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have ADSL line with multiple Public IPs all i need is a router can deal with Multiple IPs and VPN and do i need a modem ?

1 Reply 1

davidmeiker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Omar

First, the ISP have to give you a MODEM that its the resposible to "transform" the analog signal(cable with RJ11 connector) to digital signal(cable with RJ 45 connector), then you have to plug a patch cord throw between the modem and router that you want to buy.

Before you buy a router, You have to test your needs, for example: " What I want to do?" R: I just want to connect a PC to the internet. OK, plug the patch cord between the modem and the PC and ISP will give you a public IP by DHCP, you dont have the NEED to buy a Router.

Ok, But you have buy a router to improve more security, have a wireless LAN and connect some PCs in my Home, I recommend you to buy a Linksys WRT54G Series. Note: The linksys cannot act like a Peer VPN, just passthrough.

Ok, But you have to implement a VPN solution throw ADLS in your business to conect to your othe business in the central park, I recommend you to buy a Router Cisco 805, its especially design to act like a peer VPN to other Router Cisco 805 peer VPN and its easy to configure.

And now if you just want to connect 2PCs through VPN(ADSL) I recommend you: LogMeIn Hamachi.. its Free

Saludos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card