Helpful
Replies

Advertising NW in BGP

saripallek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

could you people suggest on below.

We have two offices in differrent locations and these two offices  has connectivity through MPLS cloud.

For exampls :

Location A  advertising the below NW in MPLS

10.10.0./24

10.20.0./24

10.20.0./24

Location B advertising the below NW in MPLS

192.168.2.0/24

192.168.3.0/24

192.168.4.0/24

192.168.5.0/24

and we have one PtoP link between location a and location b.

Here my question is --> is there any way to advertise the Location B subnets in Location A mpls router if location b mpls down.

we are using BGP with different AS numbers

2 Replies 2

shanemoss
Level 1
Level 1

Do you want routers downstream from location A to have subnets from B in their mpls forwarding table even if site B is down? If so, the only way to do this is for these routers to have location Bs subnets in their global routing table.  This can be done by adding a permanent static route on router A to location Bs locations and redistributing this static route.  When the connection to location B goes down, the route will remain in router As routing table and will continue to be advertised allowing this label to remain in downstream routers MPLS forwarding table.

Vivek Ganapathi
Level 4
Level 4

If i understood your question correctly, you have two offices connected via MPLS & running BGP. You also said, you have Point-to-Point connection as well. Could you please share a topology to show the interconnectivities between location A & B.

• you can have a static or a dynamic routing protocol running on your p2p links
  • Have them redistributed into BGP.

If you could share me the topology, i may be able to answer you appropriately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card