cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Advise on remote site 2 x ADSL feeds connecting to HQ with PIX

Dear Support,

Sorry just after some advice as want to know the best way of completing this task.

We have a remote site that had a single ADSL connection to the HQ via a VPN. They then decided that it wasn't fast enough and decided to purchase another ADSL from the same provider. I asked the provider if they support port bonding and they don't so even though it is the same provider, the ADSL circuits have completely different IP ranges (one on 217.x.x.x and other on 82.x.x.x)

I have now been lumbered with sorting it out.

Would it be possible to do some form of load balancing across the VPN & ADSL circuits to the HQ.

Currently we have a 2801 isr router running adv security, with 2 x WIC-1ADSL at the remote end. It is configured to use one of the circuits with a DES vpn to the HQ that has a PIX 525.

I was wondering if I create another subnet and use both the fast ethernet ports on the rtr to connect to separate switches (i.e. one port on 10.9.x.x/16 and the other on 10.10.x.x/16) that we could achieve load balancing (by splitting the users across each subnet) that there could be some form of load balancing over the ADSL circuits.

I tried to look at this myself by got confused on how to configure the route map for the VPNs, etc. I've also looked at OER but think this may be too advanced for running all on a single rtr.

If there is a simpler way, by using a single subnet at the remote site that would also be worth knowing.

Summary

Remote site

WIC-1ADSL -> ADSL ISP#1

WIC-1ADSL -> ADSL ISP#2

fe0/0 -> 10.9.x.x/16

fe0/1 -> 10.10.x.x/16

HQ

PIX e0 -> outside

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Adrian.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Advise on remote site 2 x ADSL feeds connecting to HQ with P

ADSL is supported only in 2600 and 1700 series routers.Even in those series routers it would work only in ISDN but not in ADSL,because most ISPs dont support it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content