Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Aggregate E1 links

If we have a case with 20 remote sites, Each remote site has two E1s links, and i need to aggregate these links into Cisco 7206VXR Router, i think i can do that by ordering 3 PA-MC-E3 adapters since each adapter can carry up to 16 E1s and i think that we can divide each E1 link into this adapter by a channel-group. Is this design and configuration right? Or i can order two PA-MC-T3 in order to aggregate these E1s into this two T3 adapters?

Thanks in advance

Abd Alqader

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Aggregate E1 links

You being in Europe or the Middle East (E1s ...) T3 is not an option for you. So you will have to go with the PA-MC-E3.

Why dont you look at the channelized STM-1 module. It can aggregate upto 63 E1s. The only concern will be increasing the module failure impact. Since you have two links from each site, which is probably for redundancy purposes, I believe you should look at aggregating these on separate routers (two 7206s) if you are not doing so already.

3 REPLIES
Silver

You being in Europe or the Middle East (E1s ...) T3 is not an option for you. So you will have to go with the PA-MC-E3.

Why dont you look at the channelized STM-1 module. It can aggregate upto 63 E1s. The only concern will be increasing the module failure impact. Since you have two links from each site, which is probably for redundancy purposes, I believe you should look at aggregating these on separate routers (two 7206s) if you are not doing so already.

Bronze

Hi Atif,

Thank you for your response.

Look, this copper access (E1s) will be redundant for main Fiber access. I alreacdy used Cisco 6506-E to aggregate Fiber links and the Cisco 7204VXR to aggregate E1s. I will check about channelized STM1-module. About two Cisco 7204VXR routers, you are right to be each line connected to one of these two routers for redundancy, but i thing budget concern.

Anyway, thanks alot

Abd Alqader

Hi Hajhamad,

The easiest thing you can do to bundle up all the E-1s together is to use PPP at the L-2 and then use the Multilink Feature of the PPP.

I'm sure that will help your case.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content