Views
Helpful
Replies

AN issue in 1841 router

consult_srishti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

suddenly am getting this error logs from  my router.

2010-06-03 16:08:34        Local7.Critical     119.8x.x.x     18: *Jun  3 10:19:01: %SYS-2-INTSCHED: 'suspend' at level 3 -Process= "IP NAT Ager", ipl= 3, pid= 139 -Traceback= 0x60867824 0x60511610

The image is c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin

KIndly let me know the reason and to solve this.

Regards,

Divya

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Divya,

the process IP NAT ager had a SW failure

%SYS-2-INTSCHED:

'[chars]' at level [dec]

The scheduler was entered from an interrupt service routine (ISR).

this should mean the process has tried to use too much cpu time and it was suspended because this router has a scheduler mechanism to protect the cpu

use

sh proc cpu sorted 1min

to check cpu usage and look for nat related processes

check also memory usage with

sh proc mem | inc NAT

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Divya

I like the explanation that Giuseppe provides. I will add that any time you get an error message that includes a traceback then you are experiencing a software bug. And the solution to that is to upgrade the software.

I note that your router is running 12.4(1) and at this point that is pretty old code. So you would be well advised to look into getting a more recent version of code for your router.

If the error just started happening recently, it may be possible that you could get some short term relief by rebooting the router. That might allow the router to get around whatever has been triggering the error. But the long term solution should be a code upgrade.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

when you do "clear ip nat translations" during the time this messages appears, does your router crashes... if yes than you are hitting a bug.....Its time to upgrade the IOS.

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Please rate useful posts.

podhillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CSCsj05354
NAT: Bus error occur at 0xB0D0B11 during H.323 traffic
Symptom: Cisco1841 encounters bus error at a address 0xB0D0B11 whenever there is a H.323 traffic on the unit with NAT configuration. The problem has actually observed in SNAT network. When the active unit crashes, the standby unit crashes also after the standby uinit becomes as active. Workaround: There is no workaround at this time.

The above is the bug which you are hitting. It is effecting 12.2(1c) which a deffered version.

Regards,

podhillo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card